Join AOGdigital on Facebook Join AOGdigital on LinkedIn Join AOGDigital on Twitter


KrisEnergy starts Thai drilling campaign

By  AOG Staff Tuesday, 24 October 2017 09:26
Rate this item
(0 votes)

KrisEnergy said the PV DRILLING I jackup rig commenced drilling of the East Mayura-1 exploration well in the G10/48 contract area in the Gulf of Thailand.

East Mayura-1 is the first well in a potential eight-well program, including five firm wells plus one optional well in the existing Wassana oil field in G10/48 and one optional exploration well in the Wassana satellite development area north of the Wassana production area.

The campaign is expected to take approximately 125 days, including the optional wells. KrisEnergy is the operator of G10/48 and holds 89% working interest. Palang Sophon holds the remaining 11%.

The PV DRILLING I rig is owned and operated by Petrovietnam Drilling & Well Service. The G10/48 contract area covers 1677sq km over the Southern Pattani basin in water depths of up to 60m.

In addition to the Wassana oil field, which came on stream in August 2015, the concession contains the Niramai, Mayura, and Rayrai oil discoveries.

KrisEnergy has non-operated working interests in the B8/32, B9A and G11/48 producing blocks and is the operator of G10/48 and G6/48, which contains the Rossukon oil discovery. The company also operates Block A across the maritime border in Cambodian waters, where it is seeking to develop the Apsara oil field.

Image: KrisEnergy

Read 7625 times