Join AOGdigital on Facebook Join AOGdigital on LinkedIn Join AOGDigital on Twitter


Pukatea drilling one step closer

By  AOG Staff Tuesday, 28 February 2017 20:38
Rate this item
(0 votes)

Melbana Energy announced that the PEP51153 joint venture has ordered the required long lead equipment to support the drilling of the onshore New Zealand high impact Pukatea-1 well which is planned to commence between mid-October and early November 2017.

The Pukatea-1 well will be drilled from the existing Puka production pad where three wells have previously been drilled. Operator Tag Oil operates the nearby Cheal production complex, approximately 4.5km from the Pukatea location.

The prospect is located up dip and above the lowest known oil in the Waihapa field. The Douglas well drilled in 2012 at the edge of the Pukatea prospect encountered oil shows and 145m of reservoir interval, implying over 350m of updip potential at the Pukatea location.

Tag holds 70% in PEP51153 while partner Melbana has the remaining 30% stake. 

Read 4091 times