Join AOGdigital on Facebook Join AOGdigital on LinkedIn Join AOGDigital on Twitter

 

Greater Enfield project approved

By  Sunday, 26 June 2016 21:14
Rate this item
(0 votes)

The US$1.9 billion Greater Enfield project, a joint venture between Woodside Energy and Mitsui E&P Australia, has been approved for development, and first oil is expected in mid-2019.

Woodside as operator has 60% interest in this development, while partner Mitsui E&P holds the remaining 40% stake.

Located 60 km off Exmouth in Western Australia within Commonwealth waters, the project will develop the Laverda Canyon, Norton over Laverda (WA-59-L) and Cimatti (WA-28-L) oil accumulations.

These reserves will be produced via a 31km subsea tie-back to the Ngujima-Yin floating production storage and offloading (FPSO) facility, located over the Vincent oil field.

Woodside CEO Peter Coleman said that monetizing Greater Enfield was made possible by breakthroughs in the development concept, technology and contracting.

“We have achieved investment spend at the low end of our guidance range by leveraging the latest technologies and using existing FPSO infrastructure,” he said.

“This allows us to accelerate the development of previously stranded resources. Greater Enfield is a demonstration of our phased and sustainable approach to growth.”

The Greater Enfield project requires the development of six subsea production wells and six water injection wells. Production will be supported by subsea multiphase booster pumps in the Laverda area and gas lift in the Cimatti area.

The project is targeting development of gross 2P reserves of 69 MMboe from the Laverda Canyon, Norton over Laverda and Cimatti oil accumulations. Woodside reserves will increase by 41 MMboe in conjunction with the approval of the project for development. 

Image: Peter Coleman / Woodside 

Read 7213 times