Join AOGdigital on Facebook Join AOGdigital on LinkedIn Join AOGDigital on Twitter

 

JX Nippon starts production at Layang

Written by  Thursday, 15 June 2017 13:03
Rate this item
(0 votes)

JX Nippon Oil & Gas has started gas production from the Layang Field, offshore Sarawak, with an estimated 12,000 boe/d.

Map from JX Nippon.

Layang is about 7km east of the producing Helang Gas Field in Block SK10, offshore Sarawak.

Natural gas began at Layang began on 28 May. Gas produced from Layang, together with natural gas from the Helang gas field, will be supplied through subsea pipelines to the MLNG Tiga Sdn. Bhd. liquefaction plant in Bintulu, Sarawak.

The initial production of natural gas and condensate from Layang Field is estimated to be some 12,000 boe/d, according to JX Nippon.

JX Nippon is the operator of Block SK10 with 75% stake. Partner Petronas holds the remaining 25%.

Read 4530 times